Moving Into A Student Housing Apartment
Instructions for the 2014-2015 Academic Year
Frequently Asked Move-In Questions
Find answers to frequently-asked questions on the Moving In FAQ webpage.
- Check-in day is Saturday, September 27
- A check-in station will be located at each Student Housing Apartment location (see the maps below)
- Check-in hours are:
- Arlington Farm: 9am - 4pm
- The Colleges: 9am - 4pm
- The Lexington: 9am - 4pm
- Primero Grove: 9am - 4pm
- Students who plan to move in after September 27 should still plan on checking in on the 27th to pick up move-in materials and collect their keys
- Those who are unable to check-in on September 27 should contact Student Housing to make alternate arrangements
- Do not contact the apartment directly: Student Housing is facilitating the move-in process and has possession of the contract materials and keys
- Late check-ins (occurring AFTER September 27) will occur at the Student Housing office on the UC Davis campus; check-ins will NOT occur at individual properties after September 27
- The Student Housing office will be open from 8am-5pm on the check-in day to help take care of any last minute problems you may experience, so please stop by our office if you need assistance with any concerns or issues
- Those who cannot move in by Wednesday, October 1 must call the Student Housing office
Special Accommodations & Religious Holiday Conflicts
Students who need special accommodations and those whose check-in day conflicts with the observance of religious holidays: please do not hesitate to contact the Student Housing office at 530-752-2033.
Note: the UC policy regarding religious holidays that conflict with residence hall move-in days is available on the publications webpage, under "Additional Information".
- Housing Assignments become available through the Student Housing tile on myucdavis in late August
- Housing Assignments information includes:
- Student Housing Apartment assignment (complex name and address)
- Apartment mate(s) contact information
- Current account/cost information
- Meal plan details, if applicable
- Student's contact and emergency information
Student Housing prepared these checklists to help students (and their families) prepare for the move into Student Housing Apartments.
The links below correspond to maps for traveling to each of the Student Housing Apartment complexes. Each map includes directions for driving to Davis and locating parking nearest the check-in locations.
All maps are in pdf format and will open in another window. If your browser is not configured to support Acrobat PDF, please download the free Acrobat reader now.
Activities Following Move-In
Fall Welcome & Welcome Week
UC Davis hosts a variety of Fall Welcome and "Welcome Week" events. To learn more, visit the Fall Welcome website and view the calendar events details.