Moving Into The Residence Halls - Fall Quarter
Instructions for the 2014-2015 Academic Year
- Move-in weekend is September 27 and 28, 2014
- All halls open for check-in at 8:00am (see residence halls maps below for additional information)
- Half of all new residents move in on Saturday, the other half move in on Sunday
- Students' assigned move-in days are included in their Housing Assignments (see below)
- Students who are unable to check into their hall on their assigned move-in day may move in on any following day
- Note: Remember that Residence Hall Contracts begin on the date room(s) are available for move-in (please be aware that until rooms are available, Student Housing is completing final preparations for move-in weekend, making early arrivals difficult to accommodate)
- The Student Housing office will be open from 8am-5pm during the check-in days to help take care of any last minute problems you may experience, so please stop by our office if you need assistance or have any concerns or issues
- Those who cannot move in by Wednesday, October 1 must call the Student Housing office
Special Accommodations & Religious Holiday Conflicts
Students who need special accommodations and those whose check-in day conflicts with the observance of religious holidays: please do not hesitate to contact the Student Housing office at 530-752-2033.
Note: The UC policy regarding religious holidays that conflict with residence hall move-in days is available on the publications webpage, under "Additional Information".
- Housing Assignments become available through the Student Housing tile on myucdavis in late August
- Housing Assignment information includes:
- Room and residence hall assignment (address and area location)
- Roommate(s) contact information, if applicable
- Room plan and occupancy (single, double, triple), including room details
- Living-Learning Community Program confirmation, if applicable
- Current account/cost information
- Meal plan details
- Bed size (regular twin or extra-long twin)
- Student's contact and emergency information
- Wireless Internet availability information
Student Housing prepared these checklists to help students (and their families) prepare for the move into the residence halls.
The links below correspond to maps for traveling to each of the residence halls. Each map includes directions for navigating campus and the location of unloading zones, parking lots and check-in stations.
DETOUR ANNOUNCEMENT: FOOTBALL GAME ON SATURDAY
UC Davis is hosting a football game on Saturday afternoon, September 27. Beginning shortly after 1 p.m., La Rue Road will be closed in between Hutchison Road south to Dairy Road. Detours will be in place and Aggie Hosts will be on site to help direct traffic; it will continue to be possible to drive about campus in order to move into the residence halls.
- Alder Hall
- Bixby Hall
- Gilmore Hall
- Malcolm Hall
- Miller Hall
- Regan Hall
- Ryerson Hall
- Thompson Hall
Need help on Move-In Day? Look for staff wearing color-coded shirts for the following services:
- Yellow Shirts: general assistance
- Green Shirts: recycling assistance
- Red Shirts: hand truck assistance
Activities Following Move-In
Student Housing Programs
Your Resident Advisor has planned an assortment of activities to welcome you, help you meet your neighbors, and inform you of the various responsibilities that go along with living in our large and diverse community. Events will begin the evening you arrive.
Fall Welcome & Welcome Week
In addition, UC Davis hosts a variety of Fall Welcome and "Welcome Week" events. To learn more, visit the Fall Welcome website and view the calendar events details, contact your Resident Advisor or check your floor bulletin board once you have settled into your new room.