Residential Computing Support
Residential Computing Support is a service that provides knowledgeable technology support and computer advice to students living in the residence halls. Services are tailored to the most common computer needs of students living in the residence halls. Support provided by our Residential Computing Advisors (RCAs) covers:
- Downloading and Updating Anti-virus Software on your computer
- Enabling Automatic updating for Windows and Mac Operating Systems
- Enabling safe use of music and media file downloading software such as Limewire, BitTorrent, ect.
- Assisting in installing peripheral devices such as printers, scanners, wireless keyboards and wireless access points
- Assisting in troubleshooting common computer problems and technical issues
- Enabling firewalls for Windows and Macs
How to Access Residential Computing Support
Online Help Desk
The preferred method of support is online. You can submit & review computer help tickets online through the Housing Channel on MyUCDavis.
On-Call at 530-752-4274
The RCAs are on-call at 530-752-4274 during regular business hours listed below.
Drop In Support
The RCAs can also be seen onsite in your Computer Center during drop-in support hours also listed below.
RCA Regular Business Hours
|Monday - Thursday||8:00am - 11:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Saturday||noon - 5:00pm|
|Sunday||noon - 11:00pm|
RCA Drop-In Hours at Computer Center Locations