Application Process: Transfer Students
Entering in Fall Quarter
Transfer students who are admitted for fall quarter will receive a housing contract offer after submitting their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). Immediately after submitting their SIR, students may begin the online housing application process. An email invitation will also be sent to students following their SIR. Application instructions are summarized below. The deadline to complete the housing contract is included within the application and the email invitation, and is usually within 1-2 days of the SIR deadline. The transfer student application process typically is open from mid-April through May.
- Go to MyAdmissions.ucdavis.edu
- Log in and click on the Housing Application Request link to begin the application
- On the subsequent pages, verify the supplied information
- NOTE: although Contract Information is written primarily for the residence halls, much of the information also applies to Student Housing Apartments residents, including the Application Checklist and the Notes; certain policies may be superceded by the Guide to Student Housing Apartments and/or Apartment-specific regulations
- Complete the application by midnight PST, Friday, June 6, 2014
- Review and accept the Student Housing Apartments Contract and Conditions of Contract
- The reservation fee may be paid and the contract electronically signed in the online application
- Students under age 18 must have a parent or guardian electronically sign the application
- The reservation fee is part of the first quarter housing fees and will be deducted from the total amount due
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) students are eligible for the EOP Reservation Fee installment payment plan
NOTE: Students who complete the application after the deadline will be offered housing on a space available basis.
To cancel an application, refer to the Cancellation Process for Transfer Students.
Entering in Winter or Spring Quarter
Incoming transfer students who are admitted for winter or spring quarter are eligible to live in Student Housing Apartments, but because contracts extend the entire year (and subsequently the vacancy rate is low), applicants will be offered housing only as space becomes available.
Applicants should contact Student Housing and request to be placed on a waiting list. Additional instructions will be included if a contract is offered.