Application Process: Transfer Students
Entering in Fall Quarter
Transfer students who are admitted for fall quarter shall, AFTER submitting their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR), receive a housing contract offer. Soon after submitting their SIR, students will be notified by email that they may begin the online housing application process. Application instructions will be included in the email, and are summarized below. The deadline to complete the housing contact is the same as the SIR deadline.
Note: incoming students cannot apply for student housing until they have submitted their SIR and received the housing application email; the transfer student application process typically is open during mid-April through May.
- Go to MyAdmissions.ucdavis.edu
- Log in and click on the Housing Application Request link to begin the application
- Select a housing option (if applicable): Residence Halls or Student Housing Apartments
- Available housing options are based on eligibility; see the Transfer Program webpage for details
- On the subsequent pages, verify the supplied information
- NOTE: although Contract Information is written specifically for the residence halls, Student Housing Apartment residents will have access to most Student Housing programs addressed in the Contract Information document; certain policies may be superceded by the Guide to Student Housing Apartments and/or Apartment-specific regulations
- Complete the application by midnight PST, Friday, June 4, 2013
- Review and accept the Residence Hall/Student Housing Apartment Contract and Conditions of Contract
- The reservation fee may be paid and the contract electronically signed in the online application
- Students under age 18 must have a parent or guardian electronically sign the application
- The reservation fee is part of the first quarter housing fees and will be deducted from the total amount due
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) students are eligible for the EOP Reservation Fee installment payment plan
NOTE: Students who complete the application after the deadline will be offered housing on a space available basis.
To cancel an application, refer to the Cancellation Process for Transfer Students.
A video walkthrough of the Fall Quarter transfer student housing application process is available to those who desire additional information.
Entering in Winter or Spring Quarter
Incoming transfer students who are admitted for winter or spring quarter are eligible to live in Student Housing Apartments, but because contracts extend the entire year (and subsequently the vacancy rate is low), applicants will be offered housing only as space becomes available.
Applicants should contact Student Housing and request to be placed on a waiting list. Additional instructions will be included if a contract is offered.